Windham Hospital has a very active Auxiliary and many volunteers. The Auxiliary to Windham Hospital makes many contributions of time and talent. In addition to fundraising activities--such as the Annual Autumn Gala--the Auxiliary oversees the operation of the Coffee and Gift Shops. Membership is open to all interested men and women. For more information, please call Rebecca Putnam at 860.456.6700 or click here for more detail on this critical service to Windham Hospital (including information on the Autumn Gala).
Each year, the Auxiliary to Windham Hospital offers college scholarships in memory of Anne L. Card, a long-time volunteer at the Hospital, to deserving high school students who will be entering the field of healthcare. The 2012 recipients of the Anne L. Card Memorial Scholarships-- Eli Curry and Katherine Brierley--are shown here, with Richard Card, son of the late Anne L. Card, and Debra Leavens from the Auxiliary. Eli is a Franklin resident who will enter Boston University to study biomedical engineering in the fall; Katherine graduated from Coventry High School and plans to embark on a pre-med track at the University of New Hampshire. For more information about the scholarships, click here.
Download and print application here.
Thinking about helping others? Think about volunteering. Join the dedicated and caring Volunteer Team at Windham Hospital!
Windham Hospital Volunteer Services Application Line 860-456-6792
Windham Hospital Volunteers are a valuable part of the hospital staff. They add that extra touch to make a patient's stay more comfortable, and, they help to lighten the load by offering their time and abilities. As a member of the Windham Hospital team, you will become part of a volunteer legacy that spans many decades and has touched many lives.
Windham Hospital Volunteers serve many different hospital departments.
Who can volunteer?
Youths aged 14 to 18 (Juniors) or Adults: students, homemakers, and retired persons, willing to donate a minimum of 3 hours per week of their time to Windham Hospital.
How can volunteering at Windham Hospital enrich my life?
- You will help others in your community by sharing your talents and energy.
- You will meet new people and take part in different activities.
- You may learn new skills and gain valuable work experience.
- And you will have fun!
Do I choose the department in which I want to volunteer?
Windham Hospital tries to place their volunteers in a department that matches their abilities, availability and interests, according to the Hospital’s needs.
What is the application process?
1. Download a Volunteer Application Form by clicking on the links below or call the Windham Hospital Volunteer Services application line at 860-456-6792 and request that an application be mailed to you.
2. Send your completed application to Windham Hospital Volunteer Services, 112 Mansfield Avenue, Willimantic, CT, 06226.
3. You will be contacted in order to schedule an interview and a mandatory orientation.
4. You will be given a department-specific orientation after you receive your volunteer assignment.
5. Required PPD tests and ID badges are offered free of charge to all volunteers.