|Wound Care & Surgical Clinic
A Gentle, Healing Touch...
We are dedicated to improving patient outcomes by healing wounds, preventing reoccurrence, and providing education for patients and their families.
Our Services Include:
- Diagnosis and wound assessment at strategic intervals, performed by the Surgical Clinic physicians.
- Comprehensive wound assessment by a registered nurse certified in Wound Care. We look at the wound location, type, dimensions, and evaluate the wound and the skin surrounding it for any swelling, redness or circulation problems.
- Patient evaluations, including wound history, previous wound therapies, nutritional assessment, medical history, social history, review of physical examinations, assessments and treatment plans.
- Outpatient wound care treatments for non-healing wounds, pressure ulcers, lower-extremity venous ulcers, arterial ulcers, neuropathic or diabetic ulcers, traumatic wounds and surgical wounds.
- Patient education about wound causes, relief factors, treatment options, skin and wound care instructions, proper nutrition and pressure-relieving measures.
- Coordination of supplies and followthrough with home healthcare agencies as needed.
LOCATION: The Wound Care Clinic is located in the Hatch Wing of Windham Hospital.
HOURS: Monday through Friday, 9 am to 12:30 pm, by appointment only.
SCHEDULING AN APPOINTMENT: Call either Central Scheduling (860 456 6970) or the Surgical and Wound Care Clinic (860 456 6965) to make an appointment.